Monday, February 4, 2013

Mortals Playtest 2013

      The alarm clock went off as usual at four AM waking me for work. I crawl out of bed and barely make it to the shower. All I can think of is how these hours are killing me. Taxes just went up so I'm now paying 44% of my wages to the goddamn government. I get dressed and head downstairs where I find salvation in the coffee.
      Slumping down in my chair I turn on the news to catch the last ten minutes of some guy in a suit telling me how taxes are going up and unemployment is going along with it. "Great" I smirk as I drink the rest of my coffee. In the last four years, the president hasn't done shit for this country except allow more jobs to dry up. Now I'm killing myself working 60 hours a week at the plant just to make ends meet and I live in the ghetto. One day, I keep telling myself, I'm going to move out of here and go somewhere nice. Of course that day will probably be a pipe dream if these hours don't improve.

      At work I'm standing in line at the time clock, half awake, exhausted and overworked. By the time I finish my yawn there's Kevin walking over. You can tell he had a good night from the scowl on his ugly mug.
      "What's with you?" I say as I grab my timecard.
      "Nothing, what's with you? Still can't sleep?"
      "Na. The doc says it's just fatigue but I keep getting this feeling that something's going to happen. He tells me it's anxiety and gives me some pills that are supposed to calm them. I say it's these 60 hour weeks we're working." I kick back two pills as I put my timecard in its' place.
       "Man I tell ya, you and every other guy in here has anxiety. John started drinking again but don't tell his wife." Kevin jokes but his words are pretty dead on. I mean, is this what it's come to? No one feels right, everyone's on edge. They say crime's gone up 25% but just last week three plants closed down. Something's not right with the world. It's like all of the happiness has been sucked out of it.
      "Did I tell you what Jason found?" I start as we head over to our machines.
      "A girlfriend?" Kevin jokes.
      "Na. He was trying to tell me monsters live in the cemetery. He was trying to tell me all of the grass is dying and the rose bushes are black."
      "The grass is always dead at a cemetery. They're always creepy and dark from all that death."
       Kevin's right. I'll just tell Jason to stay away from  the cemetery  Last thing we need is him getting hurt. My insurance doesn't kick in for another month.

For more on playtesting mortals in your game, CLICK HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment