Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fallen Sourcebook: Lies & Truth Excerpt II

I walk these streets, feeling the black roads underneath my feet. Although this was not my body, these were my shoes. My head throbbed from the memories or the spirit who was here before me. All I feel now is the hunger, deep within me, telling me I need to find Darkness. I struggle to find the dark, any shadowed place away from the light where I can relax for just a minute. Thoughts rush through my head like a current in a river. It won’t stop as smells rush through my senses. I can smell the grass, the dew and the trees. I feel like I’m losing my mind and all I can think of is that the Heralds will know I’m here and the other creatures must be losing their mind right now. My entrance into this world was a painful birth that comes with a price. A shudder must have been felt from the eldest to the youngest. As I gaze out from behind the mask of his mortal’s body, noticing the subtle features of his face, looking through his eyes, I notice the grass begins to turn sickly and yellow. I look up at the light nearby and the street lamp dims as the pole begins to rust. Although I conceal my presence, the world knows something unnatural is near, poisoning the natural order. Gathering my wits I begin my journey. It’s time to find the Host and bring order to this territory….”

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing how you manage to give the feeling of dread. As a reader, this type of writing assults the last vestige of hope I have left. I am assuming that was the intented affect, so good job.

    ReplyDelete